How to Become a Volunteer
We may be a little biased, but we think our volunteers are the best ones in the world! Whether they devote a week of their summer to chaperone campers or dedicate hours to helping with or leading a club, they're always working to help our Augusta County youth!
Are you interested in becoming a 4-H volunteer? It's easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Contact our office and set up a time to meet with our 4-H Agent, Emmalee Edwards.
2. You will go through an interview process so that we can get to know you better.
3. Enroll as a volunteer through 4-H Online and complete the background check (don't worry - we'll walk you through everything!). Here's a tip sheet on 4-H Online to help you through the process. Make sure you fill everything out - especially the references!
4. Complete volunteer orientation with Emmalee and Ashley.
5. Buy A LOT of green attire - it's our favorite color around here!
6. Congratulations! Once you complete the steps above, you're officially an Augusta County 4-H volunteer and now a part of the best organization!